I think one of the most important missions as a Girl Scout leader is to help make the world a better place. Doing service for others permits your girls to see that there is a world beyond them-a world that can use their help. Even the youngest Daisies can make a big difference. It is up to you as their leader to provide these opportunities for them.
Here are some easy ideas for you to investigate and have your girls try:
- Hand water out at a local 5K race
- Help serve at another organization’s pancake breakfast or spaghetti dinner
- Help at a school carnival running games, setting up, or cleaning up
- Offer to assist teachers setting up bulletin boards or cutting things out for projects
- Collect items for a local animal shelter or animal rescue
With you as their leader, you can teach the girls that many hands make light work!